In the 1950's, Ake Nordine decided the backpacks of the time were unsatisfactory and took matters into his own hands by building a backpack with a wooden frame. Ake's innovation quickly caught on and in 1960 Fjallraven became the first to commercially make and distribute framed backpacks.
From the small town of Ornskoldsvik, Fjallraven has now expanded to every corner of the world. The fundamental ideas remain the same; provide functional, durable, and timeless equipment to make the outdoors more enjoyable for all. We continue to find smart, innovative solutions to make every adventure an unforgettable one.
This position calls for order entry, customer support, and processing for our wholesale division working directly with authorized dealers and sales representatives. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated are critical.
- Order entry and management with order and payment systems
- Coverage of Account Services phone lines during business hours
- Respond to account inquiries as well as with internal sales department and requests via email, phone and systems in a timely and professional manner, providing top-notch service at all times. Product knowledge is a must.
- Ability to work well in a high pressure environment and meet company deadlines
- Facilitates communication between departments
- Ability and willingness to learn about company products, programs, and mission
- Desire to continually improve systems, services, and communication, both within the organization and out to the customers.
About the ideal candidate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Previous retail or customer service experience within the outdoor industry
- Strong PC skills, specifically spreadsheets and word processing (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Customer-centric and ethical approach to working within a team
- Self-motivated, organized, strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize daily workload
- Willingness to tackle multiple tasks daily with energy, passion, and a positive attitude