SSI Data, a division of SportsOneSource, LLC, is actively seeking a business development professional for the outdoor hardlines categories to manage and grow this rapidly expanding segment of the company’s business.
The successful candidate will have a solid sales, retail and/or product background in outdoor hardlines and a firm understanding and experience with using analytics to drive revenue and increase profitability.
SSI Data is very successful and deeply involved in the outdoor, hunting, fishing and shooting sports markets. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience with demonstrated success in one or more of these categories.
This position may be based in the company's home office outside Boulder, CO or in a major market on the west coast such as Portland, OR, Seattle, WA or Southern California, or in a major market with a high concentration of brands serving the focus categories.
The business development account manager will:
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to a team-selling and client solutions work environment.
- Develop target new client lists with VP Business Development and develop tactical plans to build relationships with each client throughout their organization.
- Create new revenue opportunities through diligent sales and relationship-building techniques and best practices.
- Expand revenue streams with existing clients through expansion of data and advisory services.
- Ensure client satisfaction through consistent high-level communication and effective use of SSI Data Client Solutions team.
- Minimum of B.A/B.S. Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in product management, sales or retail purchasing in the assigned categories.
- Demonstrate a firm understanding and experience with using data analytics to drive revenue and increae profitability.
- Excellent verbal, written and cocial media communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to confidently establish working relationships quickly across a client organization and communicate with pursuasion, purpose, clarity and accuracy.
- Exceptional presention skills in dynamic environments across a client's organization, particularly with the C-Suite.
- Efficient project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects and timelines.
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, self-assurance, and professionalism.
- Superior teamwork skills and the ability to act as a true partner with the client solutions and category management teams.
- Advanced computer software skills using Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint are essential. A working knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
- Ability to travel 30-35% of the year and in excess of 50% during peak show seasons.
Compensation package commensurate with experience and proven capabilities. Competitive benefits package.