JR 286 is like no other sporting goods company in the world, and we are looking for experienced professionals up to the challenge of filling the available career listed below. At JR286, you will find a unique corporate culture, with a rapid pace and the freedom to truly express and maximize yourself. We believe that attitude is everything and encourage a safe and open environment where all employees understand their roles, receive honest feedback, contribute ideas, ask questions, learn, grow, and are recognized for their contributions. Working as a team, we take great pride in being JR286. The Global Product Design Manager is responsible for managing a three year life cycle matrix for their assigned product category and brand portfolio. The incumbent works as an integral part of leading a cross-functional team to maximize the revenue growth and profitability of the organization’s product portfolio. The incumbent may also work directly with customers/clients to maximize those relationships, and ensure that JR286 is aware of all key information and trends pertaining to the Nike customer interface and how to maximize each account. This position operates in a customer-focused environment, which is dominated by large multinational sporting goods and actiona sports retailers. The incumbent must understand the needs and wants of consumers, but build solid, category business plans based on our client’s direction, as well as our core competencies, in fulfilling the needs of the athlete.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
1. Partner with Brand Licensing partners and key Brand categories to drive new product introductions, merchandising initiatives and retail integration.
2. Responsible for gaining approval of new lines by following guidelines outlines by the Licensee Playbook and Brand calendars.
3. Build, manage and mentor the Product Line Management team for their assigned categories.
4. Create and execute product strategic plans that align with the 3yr strategic plan.
5. Oversee product road map planning for new product and packaging introductions.
6. Coordinate with Sales, Planning and Procurement to develop annual unit and revenue plan from the Category, Style and SKU levels.
7. Responsible for acheiving category planned product landed margin levels.
8. Manage the ideation, creation, direction and timely delivery of new product, packaging and marketing briefs.
9. Direct the cross functional integration of the assigned Product Line Management group with the teams of Design, Graphics, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Control, Sales and Merchandising in irder to market and commercialize best in class product.
10. Oversee GTM needs including presentations, sales tools, samples and packaging.
5+ years in related merchandising and/or product line management.
Experience in working with cross-functional marketing teams in the development and implementation of
products, brand positioning, marketing strategies, integrated marketing plans and retail presentation
Experience in working in a licensed business model, preferred.
Experience working with regional/country offices of a company.
Degree (BA/BS) in Marketing, Business or a related field, preferred.
• Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, retail math and computer skills
• Strong merchandising skills and very thorough understanding of the product process
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to create consensus and work cooperatively
• Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
• Strong relationship building skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Developed effectively dissecting and utilizing market research
• Ability to direct line planning, line lists, and preparation of global price lists of up to 4 seasons at any
• Capable of operating in a fast paced, dynamic and evolving environment
• Emit passion for all brands/product assigned
• Detail oriented
• Self-driven and highly motivated
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy
• Ability to communicate with all levels using tact and diplomacy
• Excels in effective time management
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Current passport/visa for in-region/international travel
MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS: (Positions added as business needs require)
• Senior Product Line Managers
• Product Line Managers
• Junior Product Line Managers
• Associate Product Line Managers
• Global Merchandisng Managers
• Product Analyst