Job Summary: Genesco License Brands (Dockers, Chaps and GH Bass Footwear) is searching for a Manager of Sales Planning to champion the effort to drive sales at retail through analysis.
The Retail Sales Planning Manager would champion the effort to drive sales at retail working as a liaison between Sales, Sales Management, Merchandising as well as the Customer: Aggregate retail sales data, analyze results, monitor inventory positions, drive profitable assortments, manage markdown budget and allocation of funds, Create and manage Seasonal/ Annual retail sales plans.
- Collaborate with Sales Management to develop annual and seasonal Account plans by utilizing historical analysis, strategic direction and financial targets.
- Manage Key Account business plans that drive maximum selling and profitability performance.
- Own sales tracking process, trend forecasting, post season analysis and the communication of variances as well as supporting rationale to internal counterparts.
- Serve as point of contact for key account planning communication.
- Analyze trends and opportunities within trade channel.
- Review, analyze and report weekly sell-through, shipping, open order and business status information. Create proactive action plans based on analysis and recommend to Sales and Key Account counterparts.
- Provide Wholesale data and analysis as needed to Sales Senior Management on an ad hoc basis.
- Work with Sales Management, Key Account Managers, Merchandising and Product teams to develop accurate, strategically desirable and financially sound seasonal sales and inventory forecast.
- Evaluate and establish standardized reports, including format and content of published reports.
- Act as a consultant to business (managers and reps) by helping to interpret and understand the available information.
- Travel to seasonal Key Account meetings required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ experience in a retail/ wholesale capacity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and retail /financial analysis
- Ability to exercise independent direction and judgment
- Ability to exercise thought leadership and people leadership
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- High degree of problem solving and critical thinking skills