Moosejaw is seeking a Merchandise Planner to support our planning and buying team in the everyday needs of analyzing, forecasting and managing day-to-day operations of both the online and brick-and-mortar businesses. Not all of our shops are made out of brick and mortar. Some are made out of wood products. And love. And dissolvable breath freshening tabs. We’re looking for someone generally awesome, curious, analytical and driven to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights. It’s based out of our headquarters in Madison Heights, Michigan.
- Working in conjunction with buyers to manage the assigned product categories
- Owning the merchandise financial planning process for the business
- Driving the pre-season buy plan process at all levels including channel, store, category, product and color if applicable
- Supporting the buyer in creation of the seasonal assortment during the line showing process with the goal of ensuring seasonal commitments are budget appropriate for the goals of the business
- Developing and managing the open-to-buy process, including reporting, analysis and management of resulting projects and initiatives
- Developing, maintaining and analyzing key item ladder plans
- Working with the buyers to analyze merchandise performance and establish promotional and clearance pricing
- Develops merchandise reporting as needed along with the Merchandise Analyst to support a wide variety of needs including sales reporting, ladder plan reporting and replenishment reporting
- Assisting in analyzing industry trends via external reporting tools
- Applying business knowledge to interpret reports, identify, suggest and implement opportunities for improvement
- Working with the merchandise analyst to execute Moosejaw’s merchandise vision, replenishment and re-buy process
- Managing and developing the merchandise analyst to get the most and best, setting and communicating guiding goals, measuring accomplishments, diagnosing strengths, weaknesses and potential, delegating and developing
- Doing really cool stuff that’s worth telling your best friend, neighbor, ex-g/b friend and creepy uncle about
Things we’d like you to bring to the table:
- 3 – 5 years of progressive work experience as a merchandise planner or analyst in a retail environment is required. Multi-channel or internet retail experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in purchasing, merchandising, supply chain, finance or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, provide innovative solutions and develop business opportunities within the boundaries of prudent risk
- Must possess strong retail financial and planning skills, as well as analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking and project management skills. Proven report generating abilities and proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Access are required.
- Must be extremely self-motivated and able to exhibit out-of-the-box thinking to formulate new and creative ways of doing things, challenge assumptions, be comfortable with ambiguity, and have a future-oriented focus
- Must have strong project management skills with the ability to foster a sense of urgency, be aggressive in pushing for deadlines and communicating issues, identify and overcome obstacles, as well as proactive in providing status updates on projects
- Must exhibit a high degree of flexibility, maintain a solution-driven focus in challenging situations, adapt quickly to changing business requirements and be able to thrive amidst chaos
- Must have a strong affinity for the Moosejaw brand, Love the Madness and embrace the Moosejaw culture. You knew this one was coming.