Augusta Sportswear Group (ASG) is driven by the notion that everyone can excel in their chosen activity, with commitment, passion and a little help from the right apparel. Our brands, which include Augusta Sportswear, Holloway, High Five, Bomark and Discount Dance Supply, specialize in high-performance activewear for teams, coaches, athletes and fans. We offer a vast array of comfortable, durable and fashionable styles for men, women and children. Our assortment of hard-to-find colors and sizes keeps customers coming back for more. Serving wholesalers, team vendors and individuals, ASG adheres to a customer-centric service model that creates a seamless and fulfilling shopping experience for our customers – and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Join our team! Beginning as a three-employee company manufacturing canvas duffel and laundry bags to now over 1,600 products across five brands, ASG has become a leader in the industry. We want you to grow and succeed with us as we continue to raise the bar in high-quality sports apparel!
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and grow the Augusta, Holloway, and High 5 businesses in a geographic territory, focused primarily on the team dealer and decorator channel
- Strengthen relationships with established customers through a cadence of daily customer calls, while continuously identifying and nurturing potential new customers
- Create and deliver compelling presentations to customers that demonstrate solid business acumen and a strong understanding of product assortment and marketing programs
- Educate and motivate customers to focus on and sell Augusta, Holloway and High 5 product lines
- Plan and implement strategies to identify and create new business and/or new customer opportunities
- Strong working knowledge of on line retail and digital commerce
- Use sales tools such as SalesForce and other proprietary sales tools to understand account base and prioritize activities
- Willing to travel for territory sales contacts and sales meetings
- Collaborate with marketing and product development on new product ideas based on understanding of customer’s needs
- Willing to travel to and work regional and national trade shows, often times over weekends
- Have a passion for sports and the sports industry
- Strong desire to grow businesses and generate volume and profits
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills, ability delivery persuasive presentations, as well as the ability to create strong, lasting relationships
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic, growing business
- Self-starter, with strong energy, enthusiasm, and sales orientation
- Must be able to travel via automobile or airplane for extended periods of time
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time standing
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
Augusta Sportswear provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Augusta Sportswear complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Augusta Sportswear requires all candidates to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.