Specializing in the sporting goods and action sports industries since 1989, JR286 is a leader in the manufacturing/distribution of branded and licensed sports accessories and equipment. JR286 is a successful entrepreneurial business with the vision to become the absolute leader in the industry. Headquartered in Torrance, California, USA with entities in Canada, China and Europe, we are well positioned to effectively and efficiently service our global customer base.
We believe that attitude is everything and encourage a safe and open environment where all employees understand their roles, receive honest feedback, contribute ideas, ask questions, learn, grow, and are recognized for their contributions. Working as a team, we take great pride in being JR286.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Product Line Manager is responsible for developing world-class products that meets the revenue and margin targets. This individual will be an integral part of a cross-functional team and will develop and implement strategic initiatives, marketing plans and effectively manage the product creation process, from concept to end of life. Will conduct athlete and market research and generate product requirements and related timetables, pricing and business plans.
• Become the global expert in the assigned category: Understanding of the North America and International markets including consumer, competition, and retail landscape.
• Drive the product strategy: 1-3 year strategy plans include global market analysis, identifying key business drivers by region, historical analysis, retail opportunities and challenges, new business opportunities, technologies and competitive landscape.
• Responsible for defining a 24 to 36 month product road map and coordinating with cross-functional teams to achieve the plan.
• Forecasting for new and current product assortment: 24 month forecasting at the category, style and SKU level by region and key customer base. Drive the cross-functional coordination with Finance, Sales, and Operations Planning teams.
• Create seasonal product briefs that defines new product positioning, pricing, product and packaging attributes, consumer information, competitor analysis, regional relevance, brand relevance and meet and/or exceed the margin goals.
• Create advanced development and design briefs that will lead to new innovation projects.
• Analyze and develop market segmentation, with the objective of offering unique and relevant products, to meet the needs and requirements of each segment and that achieve company revenue and margin goals.
• Work within the product calendar timelines for on-time completion of all major dates and gates.
• Provide ongoing communication to, and work closely with, cross-functional team including Design, Development, Operations, Finance and Sales.
• Conduct ongoing consumer, athlete and trade research, to identify product technology trends and gain knowledge of the target consumer and other related needs.
• Actively participate in planning and delivering presentations to/for key customers, branded licensor teams, senior management, sales meetings, and tradeshows.
• Drive product awareness and optimize sell-through, by developing marketing and packaging briefs, catalogs, showroom merchandising standards, and in-store displays.
• Develop training tools for sales team that focus on the product’s strengths, including tech sheets, videos, etc.
• Provide regular, accurate and rigorous reporting on existing business to drive incremental sales and business.
• Management and development of direct reports.
• Perform other functions as required and assigned by supervisor.
• 4+ years of classical consumer, product brand marketing experience, and/or sporting goods channel preferred, combined with a proven track record of delivering results, in a less structured, fast paced, high performance, and entrepreneurial environment
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
• Strong leadership skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, customer relation, and presentation skills
• Analytical skills
• Understanding of product lifecycle management
• Knowledge of the global landscape
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, results driven organization
• Strong organizational skills; managing many diverse projects with different deadlines and priorities
• Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives
• Ability to work with and provide insight to management team
• PC literate, MS Office (ie; Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Travel required
MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS: (Positions added as business needs require)
• Associate Product Line Manager
• Junior Product Line Manager
• Product Operations Associate