Responsible for proving the innovation and technical execution of world-class concepts through research, ideation, prototype, development processes. Communicates across cross-functional partners to ensure the successful delivery of ENI-JR286’s accessories and equipment.
• Lead with examples of proven independence and sound judgement as Senior within the Eng. role
• Mentor Junior Product Engineers through the execution of accessories and equipment
• Create value-driven partnerships with internal and external product groups
• Partner in project management process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the applicable calendar under the guidance of the management
• Own Tech Pack management throughout the product development process
• Lead alignment with Design and Development teams to ensure successful execution of requirements and construction; problem solve as required
• Ensure development tracking reports are updated and made available for meetings in order to confirm that calendar dates and timelines are being adhered to
• Coordinate creative solutions to problems identified along with Product Management and Design
• Contribute with creative concepts for problems not yet identified
• Own product creation projects from concept ideation to production hand-off
• Communicate information and any product creation issues to all related internal parties as well as to external partners - overseas vendors, agents, and manufacturers
• Lead value/cost engineering and final costing negotiations with vendors to meet/exceed margin expectations and maximize profit
• Own on-time delivery and quality of prototypes, salesman and pre-production samples
• Communicate to vendors and Product Team any discrepancies or revisions to styles
• Recruit, manage, mentor/develop Product Development team members as assigned to categories. This may include Developer I, Developer II, Developer III.
• Deliver special projects as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Foster Innovation – looking beyond the norm in developing new product or practices and embracing necessary change
• Managing Project Complexity – Ability to execute minor, major and platform level projects from start to finish
• Provide Leadership – Take ownership of projects, be decisive while considering the overall project, budget and resources involved. Takes global consideration of each decision and action.
• Problem Solve – Effectively analyzing all aspects of a problem, gathering necessary data, consulting others, making an informed decision and communicating it to the appropriate people
• Promoting teamwork – Utilizing the power of the team over individual contributions; appreciating the Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Design development relationship
• Effective Communication – Clear communication to internal and external customers in multiple formats (written, verbal)
• Self Sufficient – Acting with intelligence, self-direction and accuracy.
• College Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Engineering or related field
• 6+ years prior experience in a product engineering, development, design or innovation role
• Preferred experience with Sporting Goods Accessories such as cut/sew Bag or Gloves Equipment, inclusive of Size Grading, Wear Testing and cost engineering executions
• Senior level communication, organization skills and calendar management required
• Strong team player with the ability to work with diverse groups of people in a productive manner. Ability to mentor and motivate others as necessary.
• Proficient computer experience in Adobe and Microsoft applications (Illustrator, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
• Preferred experience in MS Office/Project skills or related Product Data Management Systems
• Experience with full Product life cycle development and bringing a product to market
• Experience delivering multiple projects, on different timelines, in parallel.
• Results and deadline driven: must be willing to do whatever it takes and spend required time it to meet dept. and company deadlines
• Ability to work independently with limited direction and multi-task, handling various projects at once while being extremely productive and timely
• Ability to work cross-functionally and strong interpersonal/communication skills
• Domestic and International Travel as required
• Consummate team player
• Product Engineer/ Developer
• Developer II
• Developer II
• Developer I