Big 5 Sporting Goods is now hiring a Sports Apparel Buyer. Potential candidates must have current or prior buying experience in activewear. This position is located at our corporate office in El Segundo, CA.
- Will manage the development of our activewear product line to deliver merchandise with tremendous consumer appeal and value.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and current vendors.
- Negotiate beneficial terms and conditions with all vendors.
- Improve Company sales goals while managing inventory levels.
- Work with members of the merchandising team on product development, implementation, and execution into existing stores.
- Perform in-depth market research to identify the best trending products for our target customers.
- Responsible for writing a merchandising budget and open-to-buy.
- Active participation in advertising processes.
- Must have strong measurable analytical skills
- Must possess a demonstrable knowledge of product development, planning, distribution of domestic and overseas manufacturing.
- Must stay current on what our competitors are carrying, supporting, and promoting.
- Must show the initiative to find new business partners, items, and categories.
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, well organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available
- 401 (K) Plan/Profit sharing with Company match
- Paid vacations and PTO
- Employee discounts, Tickets at Work, and product Pro-forms
- Company sponsored education assistance
- Kinecta Credit Union Membership
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Discounts from strategic partners, such as: Verizon, Ford, Office Depot, Dell Computers, Brandman University (Chapman University), University of Phoenix, LA Fitness, Colorado Technical Institute and Bellevue University.