SUMMARY OF POSITION
Moneyball Sportswear was launched in 2002 with a vision to take athletic apparel to the next level, providing optimal solutions to millions of players across the globe. Moneyball specializes in custom made sublimation athletic team uniforms from simple to highly intricate designs.
Our sales team drives our business at every level, from the grassroots marketing to sales calls with athletic directors/dealers/coaches/AAU clubs, our reps must be hungry to hustle with a healthy passion for athletics and winning. At the end of the day, this role is all about growing Moneyball sales everywhere so this person must be a competitive team player with vision and ambition. This commission based position is ideal for an independent contractor that needs a full team uniform product line to add to their sales bag or a business/sales minded individual with close connections to either high schools, AAU sports, or specific sport channels (football, basketball, soccer, baseball etc.)
SALES TERRITORIES AVAILABLE -Moneyball is looking for Sales & Marketing Representatives in the following regions:
- Northern California/Nevada
- Southwest (Arizona & Southern California/Nevada)
- Rockies (Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico)
- North & South Carolina
- Southeast (Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky)
- East (New England)
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is a hungry self-starter that loves to meet new people and develop relationships
- Has a passion for sports and apparel with strong presentation skills, closing skills, and strategic vision for developing his/her territory
- Connections with high schools, smaller colleges, and/or AAU/Travel sporting good organizations and teams
- Will develop industry expertise and product knowledge to support our partners at every level
ESSENTIAL SALES DUTIES
- Manage relationships and distribution network within territory while identifying opportunities to grow business
- Deliver programs, pricing, and sales presentations on an ongoing basis to Moneyball partners (dealers, players, coaches, parents, and decision makers)
- Build, monitor, and manage Moneyball leads and sales pipeline with passion and energy
- Develop consistent communication and touch points with all Moneyball partners in your territory – including account by account sales targets, promotions, product launches, and general service
- Utilize sales tools/materials and assets to enhance sales process and exceed sales goals
- Engage with sales reporting and data to better understand your market and customers
- Distribute content and marketing materials to customer base to ensure consistent branding and product communication
- Provide outstanding customer service to every customer, every time
- Develop industry expertise and product knowledge to serve as a resource for your partners
ESSENTIAL SPORTS MARKETING DUTIES
- Drive and execute regional/local grassroots marketing campaigns to get in front of as many coaches, players, schools and parents as possible.
- Identify and attend sporting goods events including tradeshows, clinics, camps, trunk shows, and any other event where we can reach our atheletes etc.
- Create event calendar to manage schedule and foster visibility
- Provide post event recaps to determine value of event and help guide future grassroots marketing strategy
- Cultivate relationships with key influencers, coaches, and teams while building pipeline of sales and growing the Moneyball brand
- Maintain professional attitude – you are the face of Moneyball within your territory
- Manage regional/local sales & marketing budgets and programs to optimize output and drive sales
- Bring unprecedented passion to the team – if you don’t want to love what you do and work hard at it, this isn’t the job for you!
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- B2B sales and / or grassroots marketing experience
- Experience within the sporting goods industry is a plus, but not required
- Excellent professional written, verbal, interpersonal skills are necessary
- Excellent presentation skills are necessary
- The ideal candidate will be a flexible self-starter and problem-solver
- Rep will work in a highly organized and efficient manner and have a team-oriented, can-do attitude.
- An ability to prioritize and maintain a customer-first attitude needed
ABOUT MONEYBALL SPORTSWEAR
Owner Desmond Ferguson has always had a passion for sports, especially the game of basketball. The name Moneyball was given to Ferguson by his AAU basketball teammates, Robert “Tractor” Traylor & Kevin Garnett. Known as a great shooter on the court, Ferguson’s teammates would always shout “Moneyball” when he scored. Since his high school days Desmond has played in the NBA and minor leagues across the world.
With basketball playing such an important part of Mr. Ferguson’s life, launching Moneyball Sportswear was a natural progression. In 2002 Moneyball Sportswear was launched with a vision to take athletic apparel to the next level, providing various kinds of athletic sportswear while specializing in custom made sublimation team uniforms from simple to highly intricate designs. Designing quality sportswear for championship athletes, high emphasis is placed on customer satisfaction, making sure that our customers specific needs are met on a consistent basis.
WHERE TO APPLY: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org