Liberty Mountain is looking for a highly driven and outgoing Industrial Market Manager to establish and properly represent Professional/Industrial use type products within respective selling channels while creating an educational platform to train in the safety and use of these products.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: SPRAT / IRATA certification
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Marketing Concepts, Positioning
- People Management
- Territory Management
- Sales Planning
- Competitive Analysis
- Understanding the Customer
- Understanding the Industrial / Professional market(s)
- Product Development
- Client Relationships
- Creative Services
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Entrepreneurial - Self-starter who likes to figure out what to do rather than have someone dictate structure. Be comfortable in thriving in low structure environment. Prepare annual sales forecast for territory and participate in long term planning. Follow up on sales leads, prepare basic quotations, make pricing recommendations, and communicate application requirements and specifications to others to prepare complex quotations, and follow up and report on all quotations in a timely manner.
- Relationship Building - Must be good at meeting people. Must be comfortable with and like to get acquainted with people and establish a solid connection.
- Teaching Ability - Enjoy teaching and explaining things in details. Gear knowledge is extremely important as the position requires the applicant to teach to working professionals in an industrial atmosphere. Must understand gear, how it is used, and be confident talking about it. Promote and participate in customer seminars, workshops and trainings.
- Network Ability – Building a Network specific to the industry is mandatory. Must have the ability to maintain and build this Network. Bonus if a Network is already in place.
- Sales Channel – Identify sales channel independent of Outdoor industry. Search out short and long term business opportunities and create a pricing structure able to conform to varying types of customer price levels. Identify current customer within database. Search out new customers, resellers and direct business. Work with organizations like ACCT and SPRAT, etc.
- Certification/Product knowledge - Must be and/or become an expert authority in standards and certificates (NFPA, OSHA, ANSI, CE and EN) and be familiar with all US methods and standards. Should be able to communicate any adaptations needed with European products in order to improve overall product range. Provide feedback to have all products conform with US methods and standards where applicable.
- Become knowledgeable with competing product in order to properly create detailed selling points and advantages.
- Training – Build training programs within the company and industry. Ability to develop different experts and channels in different fields: Special Ops, Military, Oil, Wind, Helicopter, Fire, Tower, Off shore, Mining, Construction, Movie and commercials, etc. Build up network of additional knowledgeable instructors to be able to train, travel and sell products. Build up potential training facilities.
- Shows – Schedule, coordinate and represent products at shows, clinic, events and any applicable training opportunities. Identify and attend shows and training seminars specific to the industry.
- Communication – Must have excellent communications skills. Provide frequent updates and follow up notes within the company. Work not only with sales department but also buying department to provide valuable feedback to our vendors.
- Complete monthly expense reports and monitor expenditures to minimize overall costs.
- Prepare a weekly itinerary and complete a highlighted call report for Sales Director
- Keep Point of Sale database and opportunities current and customer files organized
- Travel – Travel is required