Job Summary: Genesco License Brands (Dockers, Chaps and GH Bass Footwear) is searching for a Vice President of Marketing . The Vice President will plan and direct all aspects of marketing policies, objectives, and initiatives for a portfolio of wholesale licensed brands.
- Lead and manage co-operative advertising, public relations, online marketing, event marketing and visual merchandising services through in-house staff and external relationships.
- Work closely with merchandising, product development, sales and senior management to create demand and recognition for the brand and products on a seasonal basis.
- Manage a multi-million dollar marketing budget.
- Conduct and analyze market research to determine competitive positioning, evaluate marketing effectiveness and identify opportunities for growth.
- Coach, mentor and raise the marketing team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession and implementing improvements as required.
- Collaborate directly with licensing teams at Dockers/Levi’s, Chaps/Ralph Lauren, G.H. Bass/GIII and Lucky Brand to ensure consistency in marketing strategy for wholesale licensed brands.
- Develop, prepare and present key messaging and presentation materials for senior management including short-term and long-term strategic plan development.
- Lead strategic planning process for division to identify new brand opportunities and implement key strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Master’s degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to lead strategic initiatives and also lead process execution